Top 25 Poll – Week 9 – #1 – Auburn, Only Hardly, Over Oregon
Copyright Laws Â© 2010 Ed Bagley
The AP Top 25 and Coaches Top 25 university Football Polls tend to be nationwide acknowledged, but after 50+ many years of seeing and/or covering university football games, and being a former activities editor for a regular newsprint, here is another view:
Auburn and Oregon simply hold scoring and winning so that they continue to be the very best two for the next week.
1) Auburn (9-0) – Takes down Mississippi 51-31. Simply will continue to win behind Heisman favorite Cam Newton. In which will Auburn be if Cam Newton gets injured? The Tigers don’t want to find out. Auburn has actually a cakewalk against AA Chattanooga recently. Are you currently kidding me personally? No, actually. The Tigers are not from the forest yet; they need to face Georgia after which Alabama on the road. Trust me, the Crimson Tide is concealing under the radar into the deep brush, waiting to hit like a diamondback rattlesnake.
2) Oregon (8-0) – Exploded on Southern Cal, 53-32, after the Trojans led inside 3rd one-fourth. Held SC scoreless in final 25 minutes while scoring 4 times. The Ducks have actually outscored their opposition 180-38 within the last few 1 / 2. They lead the nation in rating offense (54 things a casino game) and total offense (572 yards a game). Proceed, try and stop all of them. Hosts Washington after that. Yikes, the Huskies will probably be road kill.
3) Wisconsin (7-1) – Idle this week. Has played a routine about as weak (67th) as Boise State (74th), TCU (72nd) and Utah (98th), but has done something which the Broncos, Horned Frogs and Utes have not done, and that is beat 2 top-ranked groups – Ohio State and Iowa on back-to-back weeks. This is exactly why these are generally No. 3. The Badgers go to Purdue next, and had better win big.
4) Boise State (7-0) – simply beat Louisiana Tech 49-20. Hosts Hawaii while the Warriors aerial attack after that. Hawaii leads the world in moving offense, averaging 395 yards a-game. The Bronco driving security ranks 8th nationwide. Why don’t we see who’s the fraud.
5) TCU (9-0) – Trashed UNLV 48-6. Journeys to unbeaten Utah (8-0) next. Finally, this will be a great test for Horned Frogs. Utah is third in scoring offense, TCU is 9th. TCU is first nationwide in scoring defense, Utah is 6th. Some one could experience their first reduced the summer season.
6) Utah (8-0) – scarcely beat Air energy, 28-23. TCU beat Air Energy 38-7. Utes possess home area against TCU. What more can they require?
7) Alabama (7-1) – Idle this week. I experienced the Crimson Tide at LSU this week once they truly go LSU (7-1) this coming week. Had ‘Bama not lost to South Carolina earlier within the period, the Crimson Tide is 8-0. They will have needed to bide their time, which is now that they must win and dominate.
8) LSU (7-1) – Like Alabama, idle recently and just waiting for its possiblity to progress.
9) Nebraska (7-1) – Just knocked off visiting Missouri, 31-17. Travels to Iowa State after that and must win big to remain right here.
10) Oklahoma (7-1) – Ripped Colorado apart, 43-10. Now must go Tx A&M. The Aggies simply hammered Tx Tech, 45-27, and could care less just how great the Sooners may be.
11) Stanford (7-1) – simply traveled to Washington and shut-out the Huskies, 41-zip. Upcoming up is Arizona (also 7-1) in a massive Pac-10 showdown in the Cardinal grass.
12) Arizona (7-1) – squeezed by UCLA 29-21 at LA in a not so impressive win, but a group of material none the less. Has actually golden possibility to progress by beating Stanford.
13) Iowa (6-2) – Huge upset winnings with ease over Michigan State, 37-6, damaging the Spartans perfect period. Has lost to Arizona and Wisconsin, two great groups, however if you think these are typically a straightforward level, play all of them home. Moves to Indiana next.
14) Michigan condition (8-1) – Spartans got their meal handed for them by Iowa, but only 5 other teams have 8 victories this far to the period. Spartans host Minnesota next, and must win big across Golden Gophers to regroup and restore some early-season vapor. Too much success proved challenging deal with, nevertheless now must attempt to win out of the other countries in the period to qualify for a significant bowl game.
15) Ohio State (8-1) – only hammered Minnesota 52-10. Only loss was at Wisconsin – maybe not too shabby. Will likely be idle a few weeks, and then hosts Penn State the week after.
16) Missouri (7-1) – missing to Nebraska on the way, yet still a solid team. Travels to Tx Tech next, and must rebound and win to stay here.
17) Oklahoma State (7-1) – Slipped by Kansas State 24-14 in an away game. Has truly played no one; just reduction would be to Nebraska. Faces another tougher opponent this week when Baylor (7-2) arrives. The Bears only beat Texas 30-22, which can be great for their particular ego although this might be a down 12 months for Mack Brown together with Longhorns. The Cowboys need to be prepared when it comes to Baylor Bears.
18) South Carolina (6-2) – Just beat Tennessee 38-24. The Gamecocks are 18th only for beating Alabama earlier in the year. South Carolina has actually lost to Auburn (like 8 other groups) therefore the Kentucky Wildcats.
19) Mississippi State (7-2) – Beat Kentucky 24-17. Features only lost to Auburn 17-14 as well as in an away game at LSU. Not many various other teams with 7 gains can state that. Features a bye few days and then must go to Alabama and deal with the Crimson Tide, that’ll tell us a lot about the Mississippi State Bulldogs.
20) vermont State (6-2) – only knocked off 16th-ranked Florida State, 28-24. Should have some thing happening. Missing to Virginia Tech plus an away game at East Carolina. Has played the 45th toughest routine among the list of 120 major groups. Moves to Clemson next.
21) Hawaii (7-2) – place a 45-10 whipping on Idaho, and boasts the country’s most useful moving offense. Gets an actual switch to do a little significant damage in trip to Boise State next. Boise State has the nation’s 8th most useful pass defense so allow the fight start.
22) Baylor (7-2) – overcome Tx on your way, 30-22. Has played a tougher routine than Boise State, TCU and Utah. Does not have a signature victory; lost to TCU and Tx Tech. Journeys to Oklahoma State (7-1) next – an ideal possibility to advance within the polls.
23) Nevada (7-1) – Won a shootout against Utah State, 56-42, that will ben’t saying a lot, but does have 7 wins with just reduction at Hawaii.
24) Oregon State (4-3) – place a 35-7 beating on checking out California. Most readily useful 4-3 group in the united kingdom. Missing to TCU 30-21 and Boise State 37-24, but features beaten Arizona, Arizona State and crazy Washington. The Beavers have played the most challenging schedule among all teams, and Sagarin features them rated No. 15 nationwide. Travels to UCLA after that.
25) Illinois (5-3) – Beat Purdue 44-10. Has actually gains over Penn State and Indiana, and it has played the 26th toughest schedule. Travels to Michigan for an interesting match-up.
Few days 10 will find another unbeaten team losing as TCU (9-0) moves to Utah (8-0) in a key Mountain West meeting conflict. Various other top games feature Alabama at LSU, Arizona at Stanford, Arkansas at South Carolina, Baylor at Oklahoma, and Hawaii at Boise State.
Ed Bagley’s posts is Writer, creator and Editor Ed Bagley’s personal webpage with hundreds of original articles on 46 various topics. Ed Bagley’s Articles is a treasure trove of feel great stories, satire, understanding, and honest discourse on our life and times in the usa. Find Ed Bagley’s Articles at: http://www.edbagleyblog.com http://www.edbagleyblog.com/Sports.html